Programme: Erasmus Plus 2015 Call
Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action: Strategic Partnerships
Applicant/Coordinator: Usak University (TK)
Partners: SMEBOX AB (Sweden), Camara Oficial De Comercio E Industria De Sabadell (Spain), AGRAF (Germany), CyNovus (Cyprus), Centre Tecnologic Forestal De Catalunya (Spain), Selena (Italy), Nikanor Ltd (Bulgaria), Universus CSEI (Italy), ERFC (Greece).
Youth unemployment is a global problem and the social, political and economic costs of a continued crisis will be extreme. Nobel Peace Prize laureate Aung San Suu Kyi warned the European trade leaders and told them, “Youth unemployment is a time bomb.” In Europe, the rising tide of idle young people has governments in near panic. In Spain, an estimated 56% of those younger than 26 years old are without jobs. In Greece, that number is more than 62% and in Turkey 20,8%. The number of unemployed people in Turkey is 2.8 million and the number of graduates was 10.1 in 2012 and this number has increased to 10.3 (557.000 young people) in 2013 in Turkey. Bernadette Segol, the chief of the European Trade Union Confederation, told her colleagues, “Twenty-seven million [young] unemployed in Europe see no light at the end of the tunnel, only the light of a high speed train ready to run them over.”
As unemployment rate is increasing with a high acceleration recently in all over the world and especially in Europe, we want to assist unemployed young people by enhancing their entrepreneurship skills and competencies to fight economic-crisis by becoming entrepreneurs. Our project will take place during two years and it involves 10 institutions from 8 European countries. The trainers in participating institutions will focus on inter-disciplinary subjects such as engineering, economics, administration, fine arts and etc. The consortium will create new ideas of job and investment and suggest new models on interdisciplinary sustainable entrepreneurship. The graduates from these fields will benefit from the REAL project by realizing innovative and applicable entrepreneurship models by means of e-learning portal.
The objectives of the project:
The main goal of the REAL project is to help unemployed people to integrate into the labor market by becoming entrepreneurs and creating their own work place.
- To identify the needs of the unemployed youth and labor market
- Improving the level of key competences and skills, with particular regard to the young peoples’ relevance for the labor market
- Supporting participants in training and further training activities in the acquisition and the use of knowledge, skills and qualifications to facilitate personal development, employability and participation in the European labor market
- Fostering quality improvements, innovation excellence and internationalization at the level of participating education and training institutions, in particular through enhanced transnational cooperation
- Promoting entrepreneurship education to develop active citizenship, employability and new-business creation
- Increasing participation in learning and employability between education and training providers and other stakeholders
- Developing the basic competencies of target group
- Developing the university – industry and labor market relations
- Developing inter-disciplinary and international cooperation of the organizations from different sectors
CyNovus’s main role in the project will be the coordination of WP5 “Web portal and social networking” and the designing of the project’s website that will be used as a source of online knowledge and e-trade tool. CyNovus will be also involved in dissemination activities of the project e.g production of a videoclip for the introduction of the project and other material